Somers Furniture has become nationally known for manufacturing outdoor furniture for all climates – but that’s not all we do. We also custom build gorgeous interior and exterior tufted furniture.
Tufted furniture has been around for centuries, and it’s everywhere these days. Somers Furniture’s skilled artisans create headboards, ottomans, sofas, banquettes, and other tufted furniture pieces in all styles, shapes, and forms right here in our Las Vegas based, 57,000 sq ft warehouse and manufacturing facility.
Our talented employees achieved this look by threading through layers of fabric in a pattern and securing the ends of the thread with a knot or button. The dense clusters that this technique creates are known as “tufts.”
This month we worked with a Las Vegas designer SKG Designs to manufacture an elegant custom sectional with tufted back. As you can see, the results were spectacular!
Here are the steps we follow to create custom tufted furniture:
- Somers Furniture meets with designer at customer’s residence or business to understand project and take measurements.
- Designer provides layout diagram.
- Somers Furniture delivers a custom quote.
- We build a frame to furniture specs (that’s shop talk for specifications).
- Fabrics are cut and sewn.
- Upholstery works with team to make tufting pattern.
- Foam goes on frame.
- Cotton goes over frame.
- Buttons are hand sewn inside holes.
- Bottom is stapled with dust cover.
- Finished furniture is carefully wrapped and delivered to client on site.
- Furniture is unwrapped, cleaned and touched up if needed.
- Clients are very happy!
Other tufting projects Somers Furniture has done include Wynn meeting rooms, Varsity Nightclub at Hard Rock, and the Chateau Nightclub and Rooftop for Paris. For more examples of the kinds of tufted furniture we create, click here, and be sure to contact us today to get started on your next custom project!